This mandarin salad is fresh, sweet and full of flavor. It’s topped with an amazing homemade orange vinaigrette that you can’t live without! This is the best tangerine salad you will ever have! So much goodness and flavor in one salad.
Salads seemed so boring to me, I never used to go for a salad as my main meal, but I learned that all it takes is exciting flavors. I seriously love them! This spinach salad combines basic ingredients, but together they create bold and irresistible flavors.
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix (use dry) I would use unsweetened
- 1 large can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 2 medium/large cans tangerines (drained)
- 1 package 8 oz Cool Whip (and you can use fat free)
- Mix the Cool Whip and the instant vanilla pudding (do NOT make the pudding, just use it dry).
- Add the undrained crushed pineapple and the two cans of drained mandarins. (Use as many tangerines as you like, more/less) Keep a few tangerines to garnish the top of the salad.
- Refrigerate until thickened again, perhaps a few hours before using.
- Use it as a side dish to a meal or serve it with ice cream for dessert!
You can make this healthier by choosing low-sugar and sugar-free instant pudding mix, as well as fresh tangerines. I especially like the whipped fresh whip for my salad according to the original. Try it several times to see what works best for you.
Tips and tricks:
- You can use fresh tangerines, but canned is better than fresh. Canned tangerines are sweet, seedless and ready made! Best of all, they’re tender and bite-sized, making them really easy to eat.
- When making this mandarin orange salad, be sure to let it cool a bit in the refrigerator before serving. It’s so much better served cold, after the flavors have had time to meld.
- You can use either crushed pineapple or pineapple chunks in the recipe. Just be sure to drain the fruit before adding it to the recipe.